Dinner, just like breakfast and lunch, is crucial to your body. You need to refuel throughout the day just like you would refuel your vehicle.
Dinner is the last meal you eat for the day, besides the occasionally late night snack. Dinner is where you get your protein, energy, and nutrition to help you sleep and get through the rest of the evening.
However, people assume that when you want to lose weight, you have to starve yourself or eat a light salad. Not the case here because you NEED to eat. Your body cannot function without water or food. This article will talk about recipes and what you can eat for dinner to help you lose weight.
Table of Contents
1. All-Fruit Diet
An all-fruit diet may sound fantastic, but you need protein. If you decide to stop consuming proteins, then you will lose muscle instead of the fat you want. Here are some fruits that you can add to your meals such as your dinner meals.
- The fruits that have the most nutrients are watermelon, guava, kiwi, cantaloupe, grapefruit, mangoes, raspberries, blackberries, oranges, papaya, apricots, tangerines, strawberries, honeydew, persimmon, and starfruit.
- Try to eat fresh fruit instead of canned or dried fruit.
- However, all fruits are better than junk foods. Try eating fruits instead of the junk foods when you want something sweet.
- Eat a balanced diet of all the food groups.
2. The General Motors Diet
The general motors diet is a diet that most people use, and some say it is successful. This diet is seven days long and states that you can lose about 8 KGs of your weight.
Here is a brief summary of the seven-day diet.
Here is a short overview of the seven-day diet.
- Day one would consist of eating any and all fruits besides bananas. You will also have to drink 8-12 glasses of water.
- Day two will be only vegetables. These can either be in the cooked or raw state, completely up to you! If you do cook, try not using any oil and instead boil.
- Your foods include potatoes, beans, broccoli, carrots, cucumber, cabbage, lettuce, and so forth and so on. You also have to consume 8-12 glasses of water.
- Day three will combine fruits and vegetables with your 8-12 glasses of water. However, this time you cannot touch bananas or potatoes.
- Day four you will only be eating bananas and consuming milk. 8-10 bananas with three glasses of milk spread out through the day and night.
- On day five for lunch, you can have a cup of rice and about six tomatoes throughout the day. However, you have to increase your water by 15 glasses instead of 8-12.
- Day six, you again can have rice for lunch but, you have to stick to a vegetable diet afterward. You will have to drink 8-12 glasses of water.
- Day seven is the final day of this diet! You can have all the vegetables you want with a cup of rice. You can even choose one of your favorite fruit juices to add to your meal.
3. Tips for Losing Weight While Eating Dinner
When you are planning your meal, here are some tips that may help you decide on what you should eat.
- Try staying around 450 calories when planning your meals. If you want to maintain the weight you are at, try staying around 550.
- For dinner, you need to eat at least 50-75 grams of carbohydrates.
- 25-35 grams should be the protein that you eat for supper.
- Fats should be around 15-25 of the total calories you ate for dinner.
- Fiber needs to be 25 grams per day. You can do about 8 grams of those during your dinner meal.
- Try not using any sugar, if you have to, then it needs to be less than 7 grams.
Perfect Weight Loss Meals for Dinner
1. Halibut with Kale Salad
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- ½ cup breadcrumbs, panko
- Cooking spray, prefer olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- Two halibuts, small
- One teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons of the Earth Balance spread
- One tablespoon parsley, chopped
- ½ tablespoon and one teaspoon of olive oil, extra-virgin
- 2 cups of kale, chopped
- One tablespoon of lemon juice
- One tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- Spray the baking dish with cooking spray. Afterward, the oven needs set to 375 F.
- Melt the Earth Balance and add it to a bowl with garlic powder, salt, and lemon juice.
- In another bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and even it out in a single layer.
- Dip the halibut in the first mixture to where each side covered.
- Now the skinless aspect of the halibut needs to be covered with the crumbs.
- Place the skin side on the baking pan with parsley sprinkled on top.
- The dish will now go into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- The salad will be next. Chop the kale and then drizzle with the olive oil, mix.
- Mix lemon juice, Dijon, and ½ tablespoon olive oil for the dressing.
- Mix the dressing with the kale.
- The salad can be on the side of the fish, or the fish on top of the salad.
442 calories per serving.
2. Vegetables with Lamb Tenderloin
- Two Tablespoon of almonds, sliced
- One lamb tenderloin, about 4 ounces
- One sweet potato, baked
- One cup of green beans, steamed
- Pepper and salt
- Season the lamb with pepper and salt.
- Get a skillet and put the lamb inside to sear. Make sure the skillet has a cooking spray in it.
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Add the lamb to the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Add the lamb to a plate with the green beans, sweet potato, and topped with almonds.
One serving is 370 calories.
- 1 ounce of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of black beans
- 3 ounces broccoli slaw
- ¼ cup of scallions, sliced
- 1 Italian Vegetable Pizza could be Amy’s Light N’ Lean
- One teaspoon of olive oil
- Bake the pizza according to the directions
- In a bowl, add the beans, scallions, lemon juice, slaw, and oil together.
- Add to the side of the plate along with the pizza.
The total of this meal is 400 calories. The pizza alone is 280 calories.
These are some of the meals that you can use to help you lose weight while also not starving yourself. Just because you are dieting, doesn’t mean you have to skip meals to lose the weight or maintain the weight you want.