Yes, losing 5 pounds in a week is pretty much possible, but, hold on, there are many speculations. You must be vigilant about the pace of losing weight because body weight is influenced by age, gender, physical activity, and other factors.
Of course, I will share a diet plan to lose 5 pounds in a week but it’s tempting to get immediate results if you need a healthy weight.
Meanwhile, a study published in 2012 compares the health issues of people who lost weight at a higher pace with people who lost weight over the longer period of time.
First of all, let’s have a look at the science of losing 5 pounds in a week.
It is basically calorie specific science to lose pounds. You need to strangle your calorie consumption either by dieting or by a combination of dieting and burning calories with exercise.
An average person needs to cut off at least 3000 calories to lose a pound that means that you need to eliminate at least 15000 calories to lose 5 pounds. You can do this by eating less or by burning calories through exercise.
Alright, without any delay, let’s have a look at meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner that can lose 5 pounds in a week.
Table of Contents
- Risks of Quick Weight Loss
I’ll share three breakfast menus and you need to choose only one breakfast on each day of a week and rotate all the breakfasts for the whole week.
Vanilla Berry Parfait (180 Calorie)
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- 5-ounce fat-free vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mixed berries
- Mint leaves
- Mix vanilla pudding, low-fat yogurt, honey and vanilla extract
- Pour a half of this mixture in a bowl
- Add some berries
- Pour left mixture on berries
- Add again berries, it will make in two layers
- Make its topping with mint leaves
Cranberry Oatmeal (150 calories)
- Fat-free milk
- 2 packets instant oatmeal
- 1 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries
- Add oatmeal into milk and cook according to directions on the packet of oatmeal
- After cooking, make a topping with cranberries and walnuts
Waffles and milk (150 calories)
Eat 3 slices of wholegrain waffles along with a cup of milk. You can find readymade waffles from the market.
I‘ll share 3 low-calorie lunch meals. You need to pick only one meal for a day and rotate these three lunch meals for the whole week.
Gazpacho along with apple (150 calories)
You need to eat a small bowl of Gazpacho and two apples.
- 3 chopped tomato
- 1 red onion
- 1 cucumber
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1Tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 cups of tomato juice
- Mix all ingredients
- Put all ingredients in blender and blend well
- Put in refrigerator for two hours
Grilled Tilapia (150 calories)
- 2 lbs Tilapia fillets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- Readymade aioli
- Green beans
- Preheat grill
- Put fillets on grill and pour oil and seasoning on each side
- Cook for 5 minutes on each side
- Serve with aioli and green beans
BBQ lamb chop (150 calories)
- 2 slices of lamb chops
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Prepare the grill by heating.
- Put lamb chops onto grill and cook from each side.
- Low the heat and apply sauce, salt, and pepper with brush.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
I am going to share 3 dinner meals. You need to pick only one dinner meal on each night and rotate all the three meals for the whole week.
Frozen Entrée (250 calories)
You can purchase ready-made frozen entrée. Heat the frozen entrée and serve with a small cup of berries. Keep in mind that not to exceed 300 calories in total.
Greek Frittata (250 calories)
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper each
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 1 cup frozen potatoes with onion
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Some oregano dried leaves
- ½ cup of spinach
- Beat eggs, salt, pepper, and milk in a bowl and set aside
- Pour oil in a pan and cook potatoes along with spinach, onion and oregano leaves and low the flame
- Add egg mixture and cook for 5 minutes
- Make a topping with cheese
Red Lentil Soup (250 calories)
- ½ cup dried red lentils
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup chopped potatoes
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 4 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon salt and pepper each
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Add first 4 ingredients into a big pan and let it boil
- Now, wait for lentils to become soft on low flame
- In a separate pan, pour oil, onion, turmeric, salt, pepper, garlic, cumin
- Cook the spices and onion till cumin gives its fragrance.
- Now, mix lentil mixtures in salts and cook for a couple of minutes and add lemon juice.
If you go on this diet plan for a week and do a bit of exercise, definitely, you‘ll lose almost 5 pounds in a week. You‘ll be taking almost 550 calories in a day which means that you‘ll be eliminating 2300 calories from your diet in a day including exercise.
Cut down on 2300 calories in a day means that you are losing 3 quarters of a pound in a day and 5 pounds in a week.
Risks of Quick Weight Loss
However, losing weight at this momentum can jeopardize your health. If you carry on at this speed, there are enough chances that you‘ll be losing muscles of your body that can result in complicated health issues.
Cutting too many calories from your daily diet can lead to iron and vitamin C deficiency. Iron deficiency can put you at the risk of becoming phlegmatic and lethargic. Vitamin C deficiency can put you at the risk of rough skin, hair loss, and eye related problems.
Additionally, losing more than 3 pounds in a week can take you to develop gallstones, hard crystals in the gallbladder. Hard bladders can cause severe pain.
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease warns that people who lose weight rapidly are at a higher risk of developing gallstones. Even though if you don’t experience any disease, still you will have a feeling of depleted chronically.
Hence, yes, it is possible to lose 5 pounds in a week by adopting above discussed diet plan. Nevertheless, you must be very cautious.