Losing weight isn’t easy. It needs time and dedication.
Most people do not have the money to get trainers, nutritionist, and chefs to help with weight loss and diet.
Here are five recipes that are healthy and will help you lose weight like an expert on a budget.
1. Chicken Soup on a Diet
- Two tsp of mixed herbs
- 500 ml of chicken stock
- Two teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Medium carrot
- One crushed garlic clove
- 200 grams of tomatoes chopped
- Medium onion
- Stalk of celery
- 100 grams of roasted chicken (you can buy a whole chicken and use the leftovers for a different meal)
- 112 grams broth and dry soup (cooked and soaked from packet instructions)
- Put the oil in a pan and fry the celery, onion, garlic, and carrot. Once soft, add the broth and soup mixture and cook again for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stock, seasoning, herbs, and tomatoes. Add the chicken while stirring.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, if the mixture gets thick add more water.
This soup is 457.5 calories and makes two servings.
2. Feta Omelet with Broccoli and Toast
- ¼ tsp. Dried dill
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- Cooking spray
- Two tablespoons Crumbled feta cheese
- Two large eggs, beaten
- Two rye bread slices, toasted or untoasted
- Get a skillet that is non-stick and put it over medium heat.
- Coat the pan with the cooking spray.
- Add in the broccoli and cook for about 3 minutes
- After that, get a small bowl and combine the feta, dill, and egg.
- Put the egg mixture into the pan.
- Cook for about 4 minutes and then flip the omelet
- Cook for another 2 minutes
- Serve with the toast
This recipe is a single serving and has 390 calories.
3. Bean and Lamb Soup
- 500 milliliters vegetable stock made-up
- One peeled carrot
- Pepper and salt
- One onion that is medium
- Two teaspoons of olive oil
- 40 grams of celery
- 200 grams of kidney beans
- Two teaspoons of mixed herbs
- 112 grams broth and dry soup mix (cooked to packet instructions)
- Two cloves of crushed garlic
- 100 grams of roasted lamb
- 200 grams of tinned chopped tomatoes
- Get a pan and heat the oil. Once the oil is heated, fry the celery, carrot, onion, and garlic.
- Fry until everything is soft then adds the prepared broth mixture and soup. Fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add the stock, herbs, tomatoes, and seasoning.
- Add the lamb and beans while stirring.
- Let the mixture simmer for 30 minutes. If the soup becomes thicker than you want, then just add more water to the soup.
This soup is two servings and is only 497 calories per serving.
4. Green Spinach Omelet
- One piece of French Sticks (60 grams)
- Reduced soft fat cheese (30 grams)
- 25 grams of spinach
- One cal. oil (about ten sprays)
- Two medium size eggs
- Piece of French bread (optional)
- Get a pan and spray the oil. After that, heat the oil and make the spinach wilt.
- Add the beaten eggs to the pan and lightly scramble.
- With the mixture almost set, add the soft cheese while stirring.
- Put the food on a plate and add a piece of French bread (optional).
This omelet is one serving and is 367 calories.
5. Lamb Chops with a Brandy Sauce
- ¼ cup fat-reduced sour cream
- One medium minced shallot
- One tablespoon grounded black pepper
- ½ cup of brandy
- ½ teaspoon of divided salt
- Three tablespoons flour, all-purpose
- Two tablespoons virgin olive oil
- Four 4-ounce lamb chops that are boneless trimmed and ½ inch thick
- Combine an only ¼ teaspoon of the salt with the pepper in a bowl. Add the lamb chops into the bowl and make sure both sides get the mixture.
- Get a dish and add the flour. Place the chops then into the flour mixture.
- Once the mixture is completed, put the oil in a large skillet and put it over medium-high heat.
- Place the lamb chops into the oil and turn the heat down to medium. Cook the chops until brown and just a little bit cooked through, about 3 minutes each side. Once down, place on a plate and put foil over the top to keep warm.
- The heat now needs to be turned down to medium-low. Add the shallot to the pan and cook while stirring.
- Once the shallot has softened, add the brandy. Make sure you are scraping and mixing browned bits until the liquid is almost gone. Should be about 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the remaining salt and sour cream. Place the sauce on top of the lamb chops and enjoy!
For this meal, each serving is 279 calories.
Here are a few tips that will help you get most from these meals.
- Plan meals for four weeks (This will help you not go over budget)
- Make food for a least a week (Most of the meals can be put in the freezer until you are ready for it)
- When you go shopping, always have your list of what you need for the meals to help stay on budget
- Even though it takes longer, it is cheaper to make your meals from scratch then getting a meal already cooked
Everyone wants to eat healthy and thinks that it will be expensive. This is not true. You can eat healthy while staying on the budget you set for yourself.
These five recipes will not only help you stay on a budget but also are healthy meals that you and your family can enjoy for many days to come.