Dieting is everywhere but it isn’t easy.
Six out of 10 Americans have given above average thought to diet and exercise.
As much as 95% of all diets fail.
Though there are different reasons why you are unable to lose weight with dieting, much of it can be contributed to the selection of the diet plan.
One wrong move – and you are out of the game.
Only the solid and proven diet plan will help you lose weight. Everything else will fail.
The guide below will, therefore, compare the two most used diet plans: 3 Week Diet and Half Day Diet. Both the diets are unique and clinically-proven.
The purpose of this detailed comparison is to help you choose the right diet plan that will actually assist you in losing weight.
Table of Contents
- The 3 Week Diet
- The Half Day Diet plan
- The author
- Comparing the 3 Week Diet and Half Day Diet Plan
The 3 Week Diet
The 3 Week Diet comes in the form of a detailed diet book. The book presentation includes a 43-page Introduction Manual (Free download) with general information about weight loss. In addition, there is a 22-page diet manual describing the four phases of the 3 Week Diet plan. A workout manual with 17 pages is included too, and it consists of detailed information about the workouts you will do. Lastly, there is a mindset and motivation manual with up to 13 pages on keeping your mind open to quickly lose weight. This dieting program claims to help you drop 12 to 23 lbs in just twenty-one days.
This book belongs to Brian Flatt. He is a renowned sports nutritionist, health coach, and a personal trainer. Flatt has fifteen long years of experience in the diet and nutrition field. As a result of his career success, Brian Flatt is now a cherished writer and public speaker who inspires multitudes across the world.
Reasons for using 3 week diet
The following are the reasons why you should use the three week diet plan.
- Helps you lose all types of fat.
- Increases energy and quickens metabolism.
- Improves skin tone and hair beauty.
- Decreases cellulite.
- Firms the muscles and improves their tone.
- Maintains cholesterol levels.
How it works
The key approach in this diet plan is intermittent fasting, eating, and exercise. Eating is further divided into different categories including:
- Reduced calorie intake
- Low-carbohydrate dieting
- Use of a weight loss supplement
Not all the phases are mandatory. For instance, if you are not interested in using a supplement, like most of the other people, you can skip it and can still lose weight.
The 4 phases
The three week diet, as already discussed, works in four phases that are integrated to each other. Here is a detail of how each phase works and how it will help you lose weight.
Phase 1 – Detoxification
This is the first phase and it entails the first seven days of this program.
Brian has explained the detoxification stage exhaustively. Hence, you will know exactly what to eat, how to plan your menu, and how to cook your food.
A lot of people have lost a considerable amount of body fat during this phase. Detoxification helps your body flush out toxins and decayed food that is still stuck in your colon.
Phase 2 – Fasting
This phase begins on day 8 and entails 24 hours of fasting.
After your last meal on day 7, you will eat again on day 8 during the dinner. This stage is important because it lets you finish your quick weight loss efforts in Phase 1. While you can pick any food for your dinner, you have to limit your carbohydrates.
Phase 3 – Fat Phase
The Fat Phase is designed for day 9 to 11.
The requirement here is that you should get at least 80 percent of your calories from fat. Brian Flatt has included a sample eating plan that will guide you as to what you have to eat and when to eat it.
He has listed all the recommended fat sources such as turkey, cream cheese, chicken, fish, whey protein, eggs, beets, broccoli, mushrooms, spinach, peppers, artichoke, squash, avocado, macadamia nuts, and almonds among others.
Phase 4- BMR and daily calorie intake calculations
This is the final phase of the 3 week diet plan. It is set to happen between day 12 and 21.
The first step in this phase is calculating your unique Basal Metabolic rate. With your BMR outcome, you will complete the second step of this phase by calculating the number of calories you should eat per day.
During the nine days of this phase, you should not exceed your daily calorie count. If you obey, you will lose weight as expected.
Weight loss is guaranteed if you follow the 4 phases explained above. However, Brian wants you to do one more thing: exercise.
Each exercise session should only take twenty minutes for three to four days a week. As aforementioned, there is a workout manual that will guide you. The part of the manual that stands out is the Midsection Miracle Workout consisting of just two workouts that will give you the coveted six-pack abs.
- Helps you lose weight rapidly and safely.
- The diet plan is scientifically proven to work.
- All foodstuffs recommended in this eBook are locally available.
- Emphasizes on having the right attitude and mindset to lose weight.
- Allows you to eat anything you like after attaining your weight loss goals.
- Offers other advantages such as better skin and hair, reduced cellulite, higher cholesterol levels, and others.
- Those who dislike hunger might hate the fasting phase.
- As there is a great deal of calorie restriction, one might cheat or feel punished.
- A lot of carbohydrate foods are left out.
- People who are intolerant to caffeine or nicotine might suffer negative side effects.
I wrote a detailed 3 week diet review, consider reading it if you wish to get more insights.
In the section below, I will quickly cover the Half Day Diet.
The Half Day Diet plan
This is hardly the case, though.
What this diet means is that you should eat carbohydrates and then avoid them for half of your day. The diet plan designer believes that given macronutrients would only do their work in your body if eaten at specific periods of the day.
Hence, this diet program aims to educate you on how to pick your foods in the correct quantities and the best time to eat them. This is among the few programs that promote eating carbohydrates for quick weight loss.
Nate Miyaki is the man behind the amazing Half Day Diet plan. He boasts post-baccalaureate qualifications with a specialization in Kinesiology. In addition to this, Mr. Miyaki is an approved fitness and nutrition expert, a personal trainer, and a certified sports nutrition specialist.
Everything he has written in his diet program is factual. As a person who understands the human body in terms of nutrition and weight loss, Nate Miyaki is a real expert with plenty of videos and publications to show you.
Half day diet bonuses
Nate Miyaki does not just give you the book he has written but he’ll give you some nice bonuses too.
- The Restaurant & Fast Food Survival Guide. This guide will show you how you can eat in restaurants without interfering your dieting style.
- The Holiday Fat Loss Manual. It teaches you how you can stop yourself from eating excessively during special events. It offers you 7 key steps to attain this.
- Exclusive access to Nate’s Flat Belly Platinum Club. The club has different personalities who share their expert advice, tips, and more. It provides different recipes, videos, dieting tips, and you’ll get access to the Virtual Nutritionist Software.
- Happy Hour Handbook is another present you will get. It is a book that trains you on what you must eat prior to going out for a social drinking spree.
How it works
Half day diet program is designed for men and women of all ages. It is a 3-step diet plan for ultimate weight loss.
1. How to eat and lose weight
Nate’s book explains the foods you should eat at any given time of day. There is absolutely no guess work, everything is clear.
You can eat carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. The main goal is to help you stop your hunger pangs and cravings. At the same time, the author wants you to burn a lot of fat without hurting yourself.
2. Choose what to eat based on your lifestyle
Nate recognizes the fact that all dieters are different and there is no standard diet solution for all of them. Hence, he lets you customize your diet based on your lifestyle and personal tastes and preferences. As with the first stage, there is adequate help for this step.
3. Create short-term and long-term dieting goals
Your body will most probably change after losing weight. To ensure that you don’t gain all the lost pounds back, Nate provides some valuable insights to stay the way you’re for years to come.
You will learn how to make the unique aspects of the half day diet work for you in the future. Thus, this plan will help you lose weight now and teach you how to maintain the results in the long-run.
- You can lose weight within a few days.
- Triggers weight loss, even if you are eating carbohydrates.
- Teaches you on how to eat out and still keep a full control on your weight.
- The process of picking food that is ideal for consumption at a given time of the day is comprehensively explained.
- This diet program is designed for all types of people.
- Exercise is not needed.
- Nate provides a guide to social drinking and recovering from a hangover.
- Removes stubborn fat without decreasing your metabolism.
- This is a restrictive diet plan that most people might find uncomfortable at first.
- The author does not provide a hard copy of his book. You will get a soft copy only.
- Those of you who believe in weight loss through exercise might not fully enjoy it.
Read the full half day diet review.
Comparing the 3 Week Diet and Half Day Diet Plan
Now that you know how both the diet programs work, let’s compare them and see which one is better.
- Both encourage eating a low-calorie carbohydrate diet to lose weight.
- Both are rapid weight loss programs that do not reduce your metabolism.
- Both plans are scientifically tested and proven.
- The two diet programs have been developed by authors who boast qualifications in sports nutrition, personal training, and general nutrition.
- Each of these plans is viable for any adult who wishes to lose weight.
- Both diets promote eating particular fat foods.
- The two diets are restrictive and quite difficult to get used to in the beginning.
- Both are eBooks.
- The 3 Week Diet program has a finishing line — 21 days. On the other hand, you are supposed to use the Half Day Diet until you lose weight and get what you want.
- The 3 Week Diet Program offers a Workout Manual while the Half Day Diet doesn’t.
- The Half Day Diet provides ample knowledge in the form of manuals on aspects of lifestyle that most people care less about. For instance, it gives you comprehensive guides for eating out, drinking socially, eating at parties without exceeding the limit, and access to a health club. Three week diet doesn’t offer anything like this.
- The 3 Weeks Diet has two phases that are not offered by the other diet plan. These include Detoxification and Fasting. Yet, these are crucial prerequisites for weight loss.
- The Half Day Diet encourages eating throughout the day. However, it points out that wrong timing could hamper your weight loss efforts. Hence, it provides a proper guide on what to eat, when to eat it, and in what amounts.
- The 3 Weeks Diet program offers additional achievements like beautiful skin and hair, reduced cellulite, and the midsection miracle workout.
And the winner is…
It is now time to conclude by choosing the winner between the 3 Week Diet and Half Day Diet.
This is a tough decision.
Clearly, each of these diet plans have their unique strong (weak) points. But based on the comparison, the best diet plan is the 3 Week Diet if you want to work with targets.
For instance, it promises that you’ll lose 12 to 23 lbs. by the 21st day. If you like such targets and can beat them, by all means, pick this diet plan.
It also starts with a detoxification phase that will help your body remove its toxins and wastes that could otherwise tamper with your weight loss efforts.
You might lose weight quickly while on the 3 Week Diet Plan because it includes exercises.
On the other hand, the Half Day Diet is best if you can endure daily tweaking of the foods you eat. It takes a strong-willed person to eat a certain meal at a given time of the day on a regular basis.
On a brighter note, the Half Day Diet teaches you a lot about eating out at parties and restaurants. The 3 Week Diet leaves out this bit.
My verdict, therefore, is that both are great dietary programs. But, you should try the 3 Week Diet first. Then try the Half Day Diet to improve given aspects of your lifestyle, such as eating out and getting rid of a hangover.
I wish you all the best.